Core Skills for Account Managers
This program helps refine the role and prioritize the responsibilities of the Account Manager within the distribution company. The program’s emphasis is to provide processes, tools and techniques to meet those responsibilities with greater efficiency and impact. Participants define their role and relationship management best practices within a 5-step process: Plan and Prepare, Align, Communicate, Allocate and Execute and Report. Exercise and discussion within the program address a number of skills embedded in the process including interview technique, presentation structure, sequencing communication, gaining commitment and time management. A substantive conversation is included on elevating impact of participation in meetings and conferences.
Participants should leave the program with a defined list of high impact meetings, activities and events, a preparation checklist for select meetings and activities, a prepared list of questions for specific initiatives, and an understanding of event versus campaign development. Shared best practices around managing multiple priorities, daily / weekly / monthly time management, and internal / external client reporting round out the participant experience.
Expected outcomes include:
• Shared Understanding of a defined Account Management Process
• Required differentiation of the process between internal and external clients
• High Impact Meetings, Activities and Events
• Construction of effective campaigns and participation in meeting and conferences
• Checklist for preparation and interview questions where appropriate
• Best practices and priorities in time management
• Heightened communication and interview skills
• Confidence in gaining commitment from clients